Sunday, December 22

For Painters, It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Winter Wonderland
Acrylic on Canvas Panel
20 x 16 in/50 x 40 cm
Copyright Byrne Smith 2015/
Painters aren't known for their shopping skills, even for art and painting supplies. I think I know what I need to purchase; that is, quality paints and supports and supplies. However, I also know that I am frugal--what painter isn't--and I'm always looking for ways to save a buck (or depending on where you live, make that a pound, yen, peso, euro, etc.).

This time of year is the best time to be purchasing supplies, either for yourself or for other painters.

If you haven't noticed, art supplies are on sale everywhere!

Your local art supply store is probably (over)stocked with everything a painter's heart and studio could desire. And if you're an online shopper, as I was last week, the big online stores, such as Blick, Cheap Joe's, Jerry's, and Utrecht all want your business very much. What's more, you can even get free shipping if you buy enough stuff. Can't beat that.

So if anyone is wondering what in the world to get you, tell them exactly what that perfect gift would be and don't forget gift cards.

It is the most wonderful time of year for painters.

No comments:

Post a Comment