Monday, April 28

Sometimes Painting = Frustration

Sailing Away
Acrylic on Canvas Panel
11 x 14 in/27.9 x 35.6 cm
Copyright 2014
Today's image is one of my recent paintings, fresh off the easel just last Saturday. I suppose the warmer weather here in Texas has me thinking of summer, so I sifted through a lot of my digital photos until I found one that fit my mood, and painted it.

I like the high horizon line and the somewhat complementary colors of the green-ish water against the warm orange-ish glow of the late afternoon sun on the hills.

Just so you know, I did it over several times trying to paint the illusion of distance in the water correctly, and it can get frustrating. But understanding that sometimes frustration goes with painting helps. I think I read even Monet had those moments--not comparing myself to Monet, of course, just the frustration.

Anyway, I hope you like it. If anyone is interested in it, email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment