Friday, February 16

Paint What Makes You Happy

Green Valley
Acrylic on Arches Watercolor Paper
16 x 6 in/40.6 x 15.2 cm
Copyright Byrne Smith 2018
Life is too short to spend time procrastinating or to waste time on things that don't bring you joy, according to Marie Kondo, author of The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing.

I agree.

That's why I spent time the last few weeks going through my old paintings and throwing some of them away Yes, you can do that! I was able to re-evaluate them more objectively as time has passed since I completed them. If I don't want them, no one else will either.

I also spent some of my painting time painting a motif that brings me joy--panoramic landscapes in acrylic on watercolor paper. I haven't done one since last summer.

It was past time to get happy.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment