|Up the Wagon Path|
Acrylic on Canvas Panel
11 x 14 in/ 27.9 x 35.6 cm
Copyright Byrne Smith 2014
Well, for one thing, oil has been around a lot longer than acrylics--about 600 years as compared to around 60 for acrylics.
But I also believe there are other factors:
- Many painters don't understand the fundamentals of acrylics
- Many painters don't know how to paint with acrylics
- Many painters can't paint successfully with acrylics
- Many painters don't know how to blend acrylics
- Many painters can't paint lost-and-found edges with acrylics
- Many painters can't paint atmospheric acrylics
- Many painters can't paint fast enough to use acrylics
BUT for those painters who understand and know how to paint with acrylics, a wide world of painting lies at your doorstep.
Whenever I discover great acrylic painters, such as Herman Pekel, John Hammond, Marcia Burtt, Mark Mehaffey, and William Hook, just to name a few, I'm happy to provide a link to their websites so that you may discover them, too.
Happy acrylic painting!