Wednesday, October 31

Painters Should Not Be Bored

Indian Summer
Oil on Canvas Panel
6 x 6 in/15.2 x 15.2 cm
Copyright Byrne Smith 2018
Before the month was completely gone, I wanted to post again. I've had a slow week or two getting going with my painting. I don't know why, but suspect it's painting ennui, that is, boredom and lethargy.

The only way I know how to break the cycle is to paint and paint some more. So that's what I did this week.

I also decided to use a different medium than what I've been using of late. I switched to water-soluble oils rather than my usual acrylics. That did help since you use them differently, not altogether differently but enough to make it more interesting. The ennui was overcome, at least for now.

I decided to paint a little impressionistic landscape before the seasons changed completely. Hope you like it.

Painters should not be bored.

1 comment: