Monday, October 1

A Time to Reflect with an Autumn Landscape

Central Coast
Acrylic on Canvas Panel
14 x 11in/35.6 x 27.9 cm
Copyright Byrne Smith 2018

As summer turns into autumn, I wanted to paint a landscape that celebrates the changing seasons. This after not posting in September while I was figuring out what to paint next and where to take my painting.

This time for reflection has happened before, and I'm sure it will happen again. I feel sure it happens to most painters at some time. Neither a slump nor a retreat, it feels more like reaching a plateau, and now it's time to take stock and move on.

I now feel clear-headed about continuing on my path of painting acrylic landscapes and seascapes. although I may try painting on larger supports soon.

I hope you take some time to reflect on your work now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment