Monday, August 2

Some New Art Books to Read

Hi-

I hope your art day is going well. I spent the morning perusing art books at a great used bookstore. I don't know about you, but oftentimes my art books give me a lift and just the inspiration I need.

I ended up purchasing the following books:

Hopper Places by Gail Levin, a book about the locations in New York and New England where Edward Hopper painted his pictures of cityscapes, lighthouses, etc.

Monet by Alberto Martini, a book about Claude Monet, of course, but with large photos of his paintings, some of which I had not seen before.

The Great Book of French Impressionism by Diane Kelder, which is not a big book at all, but is a small format book with a little history and a lot of photos of Impresssionist paintings.

American Impressionism by William Gerdts, a sister book the one above except on American Impressionists, of course.

Portrait of Dr. Gachet The Story of a Van Gogh Masterpiece by Cynthia Saltzman, a history of the famous Van Gogh painting.

I can't wait to read all of these.

Until next blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment