Sunday, April 2

Coffee Shop Sketching



Good morning, buenos dias, etc! I hope you have had your morning coffee today or tea or chai or whatever gets you going.

Recently I joined a group and began urban sketching, which, as it turns out, is a worldwide pastime of artists and sketchers and painters and some architects even. Who knew?

I'm enjoying the new challenge and decided to scout out some urban locations to sketch. With the proliferation of coffee shops on almost every corner it seems, I started there.

I've been visiting several in my nearby area and, after purchasing my brew of the day, usually dark roast, I find a seat, either a window or outdoor area, and sketch the view.

Today's image is my sketch of the view from the leafy Starbucks in Alamo Heights looking north on Broadway. Hope you like it.

In upcoming blogs I'll talk about what I'm learning about the many different tools of the trade used in this endeavour. Note: I'm still figuring out which ones work best for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment