Tuesday, July 10

An Acrylic Panorama

Summer Panorama
Acrylic on Canvas Panel
10 x 4 in (image)/25.4 x 10.2 cm (image)
Copyright Byrne Smith 2018
With summer now in full swing, I thought I would celebrate the season with a painting.

If you are a regular reader of The Painting Life blog, then you know I have recently been painting panoramic landscapes, that is, landscapes with an aspect ratio of at least 2:1, sometimes more.

I usually paint in relatively fluid acrylic on Arches watercolor paper trimmed to fit the horizontal layout of the panorama. This time I decided to paint acrylic on a canvas panel instead, painting with the acrylic in the more conventional way.

I really liked this landscape with the road on the left leading toward the distant mountains. I hope you like it, too, and that you're having a great summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment