|Grazing in the Grass|
9 x 12 in/22 x 30 cm
Copyright Byrne Smith 2014
That begs the question, and the title of today's blog, Why Do We Paint?
Well, why do we paint? I suppose there are almost as many reasons as there are painters, but here's my list of reasons for probable cause:
- We have no other choice than to paint--once we started painting, we must continue.
- We like the idea of putting our creativity on a two-dimensional surface.
- We must use our hands to create art.
- Paint--all kinds of paint, including pastel--is intriguing to us.
- Mixing colors is a never-ending pastime.
- We want to find out just how well we are able to paint.
- Painting is relaxing, most of the time.
- We love it