Tuesday, September 3

Plein Air Painter's Paradise

On Santa Monica Bay
Acrylic on Canvas Panel
8 x 8 in/20.3 x 20.3 cm
Copyright 2013
I'm back after a week spent in West LA. It was warmer than usual in Southern California but still very pleasant and, as always, sunny. If you don't live around or have never experienced a sunny climate, too bad.

Each and every day starts the same way--with golden rays of sun. And it lasts all day. No clouds or almost no clouds allows for the most brilliant light and color. As I've said before, there are only a few places on the planet with that kind of light that plays off the mountains and distances and allows for hazy, atmospheric perspectives.

Of course, there is occasional rain, but the sunlight is quite extraordinary. I must say, it's a plein air painter's paradise.

Today's image is actually a painting that I painted a second time on a smaller scale just because I like the view of Santa Monica Bay from Venice Beach. I hope you like it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment