Monday, January 3

A New Year's Art Blog

Hi-

What will the art year bring?

I have high hopes. I’m hoping my technique and creativity will find a following, even if it’s only a few like-minded people.

I’m not out for fame or fortune, although a little of each would be fine. To be sure, I’m not expecting either.

No, I’m trying to look at the big picture; that is, the big and long picture. I’m realizing that the works of most artists are appreciated (truly appreciated) only after the artist has long passed. There are obvious exceptions, but generally speaking, that’s the truth of it.

Not to be discouraging, but that’s what makes living and painting in the here and now more challenging, don’t you think?

That’s why as painters, I and probably you, too, should toss our art inhibitions out the proverbial window and go with the flow of paint and your own personal vision.

Then live with it. Nurture it. Encourage it. Grow it.

But don’t try to change it.

In other words, let your art be what it wants to be. You will then find true happiness and contentment.

Happy Painting in 2011.

Until next blog…

1 comment: