Monday, January 20

Painting on the Good Days

Good Day
Oil on Canvas Panel
8 x 10 in/20.3 x 25.4 cm
Copyright 2014
Some painting days are good days, some painting days are not so good, and some are downright terrible.

On the good painting days, I can't wait to begin. On the days that I think will not be as good or will be downright terrible, I try not to paint at all.

Some painting days start out good and go unfortunately downhill from there--sometimes slowly and sometimes rather quickly. Those days may be worst of all because they start out with such high hopes and good intentions but become complete failures.

The goal is to overcome the not-so-good and the downright-terrible painting days.  How exactly to do that, I don't know as I have not been able to overcome those days very well. If I continue to paint on those days, the painting will almost always be un-salvageable.

Why this is, I don't know.

However, I am of the opinion that painting is surely as much a psychological activity as it is a creative one.   

No comments:

Post a Comment