Oil on Canvas
9 x 12 in/22.9 x 30.5 cm
Copyright Byrne Smith 2015
That said, I think painters are happy when (in no particular order):
- their drawing skills improve
- they feel their latest painting is one of the best they have done
- they find their own style
- mixing paint is a natural and beautiful experience
- they learn something new about painting
- they can't wait to start painting
- their painting is "liked," "favorited," "pinned," and/or "re-tweeted" on social media (even introverts)
Finally, I think a painter is happiest simply when he or she is happy about their painting.
I'm sure you have other ideas on what makes a painter happy, so please feel free to comment.